Saturday, January 12, 2008

January Saturday

This has been a wonderful January week, weather-wise. I have a new idea I want to try for a quilt and I think the pumpkin picture I took today is just what I've been looking for.

It has been several months since I've been to Tower Park in Fort Thomas and I thought I'd take some pictures on the mountain biking trail. The sign with rules of the trail was the only picture I got before my battery gave out. I was so glad to have a camera that gives the number of minutes remaining - amazing how I can ignore what's right ahead of me. I'll try another day, Sarah.

Back home, I got a start for my quilt for SharonB's Take It Further challenge for January. The topic is admiration, and I've decided to make a collage of traits I admire in people instead of admiring a specific person. I thought I'd make a green background since I admire people who care about the earth, but instead decided to make this abstract earth instead. More soon. I'm trying to refrain from looking at what other people are doing until I'm done, or at least almost.


I got four little coasters for Christmas that I really love. Rather than put them in a drawer for occasional use, I decided to sew them together as a sort of banner. I'm planning to paint my kitchen any day now, then hang it there. Thanks, Becky.






No comments: