Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fabric Dyeing Today

Today's postcard - fabric, tissue, paint

With the break in the weather, I decided to do some dyeing today. Outside, it was rainy and 50 degrees, and the basement, while still chilly, was the warmest it's been in awhile.



I wanted some reds. The little February info pamphlet that I picked up at the Cincinnati Art Museum had a Bill Blass quote on the cover: "Red is the ultimate cure for sadness." I'm not sad, but my stash is low on red, probably because that's what I love.


I did a few pieces on plexiglass that will take a day or two to be dry enough to rinse

and some in containers that are in the washer now.

As I was leaving Steph's yesterday, I took a picture of Nora in new pajamas I had picked up for her. I got them with an eye toward Aaron's being able to wear them when he's three, or maybe when he's two, the way he's growing.

She loved having her Mom put her hair up after her bath and insisted on wearing it that way to bed.




1 comment:

LynnS said...

Red, red, red!! Yes, I found myself taking photos of blooms out in my greenhouse -- and the blossoms that I was most attracted to? The red ones!! LOL