Friday, January 4, 2008

Oops

I was so used to cutting 3 1/2 " squares and rectangles for Aaron's quilt that I accidentally cut the postcard the same size instead of 4". I was a while into it before I realized it. I thought I might just send it in an envelope - it's for a couple who recently got married - but the little stars at the top just aren't pretty. I thought it would be nice to have two stars to represent the couple. Nope. I'll just put this one on my bulletin board to remind me to be more careful when I cut.

I do like the textured piece at the bottom. Some time ago I must have make a sandwich with two pieces of water soluble stabilizer around two pieces of netting with bits of threads and yarns in the middle. I stitched over everything, dissolved the stabilizer, then threw the result in my scrap basket. There's still some left - I'll try again tomorrow.

My porch has been covered with snow and a critter, probably a cat, walked across. It looks like it stopped to do a dance before going on its way.

Another winter scene - my sister gave me some paper white bulbs for Christmas. Huge ones. Despite the glare, you can see the little sprout at the top of the picture.

Aaron got some little balls for Christmas and he enjoys playing with them - thanks, Becky. The seat is from Grandma Janice and Pap. It helps him sit upright even though he's just a little guy. It's so sweet to see him start to enjoy toys. He pushes at some of them - he's learned that lights or music might result.





No comments: