Friday, January 25, 2008

Hurrah - Company

Today's postcard

My cousin Ann is here for the weekend. We try to get together a couple of times a year to do some eating, shopping, and catching up.

Before Ann came in the late afternoon, though, Leah and I had lunch at our favorite Korean restaurant. We're both about the same distance from the restaurant, and the food is always yummy - and inexpensive. I had the Korean vegetable tofu, probably what I had last time, too.

Then I made a quick run to the bakery for this caramel apple tart. That's about the extent of the cooking I did for this visit, but Ann and I each enjoy eating out during our times together. I have other bakery pictures for another day.

We went to Pompilio's for dinner - sorry no pictures, but if you watch Rainman you'll see a scene filmed at the bar there. It was as good as we hoped, especially the spinach artichoke cheese dip with flat bread.
After our meal we went to Newport on the Levee for a quick look around and a visit to Barnes and Noble. This book cover caught my attention.

Home again, here's Ann relaxing.


We're hoping to do lots tomorrow and hoping for some warmer weather. It was so cold by the river tonight, and this morning it was four degrees.







No comments: