Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Workshop

My quilt guild held a Sunday workshop this weekend. How lovely to begin at 9:30 (even with the time change) and cut and sew until 4:30. There was a break for lunch and I walked to a coffee shop down a charming street in Medeira. Got a lovely veggie sandwich and a lemon scone to nibble on.

Kathy Loomis from Louisville was the instructor and was very patient and had lots of good suggestions. I realized that I've been pretty haphazard with my pressing and that should be much better after today.

I'm not sure how much my piece "looks like it's supposed to" but I'm happy with it. And happy with the process, since I like to cut. I'm not quite finished with the piecing but hopefully will be by the evening's end.

I thought I'd stop at the Levee on the way home and walk across the bridge and admire the high water, but found myself too tired for that today. I did stop at the new Target in my neighborhood and found lots to admire. I thought I'd find a dock for my iPod but it was more complicated than I thought. Some come with a dock for both iPod and iPhone. Will I ever have one of those and be sorry that I didn't get the combination? Too much to think about today.

No comments: