Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lent

Years ago, I went with Steph to the Easter Vigil at St. Agnes in Covington. I always remember the imagery of the baptismal font, which had been filled with sand during Lent, being turned on some time during the service and the sound of the water flowing.

When I was thinking about a worship banner for Lent this beige linen reminded me of the sand in the font. For Easter I'll need a wonderful colorful banner to celebrate. Maybe water-related.


Last Sunday we had a large candle on the communion table (communion doesn't happen every Sunday) with smaller candles that people could light from the larger one during Prayers from the Congregation. Very pretty imagery. I always have pieces of fabric, so it's easy to just cut one down, or not, when the occasion comes up.

No comments: