Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just Musings

No pictures tonight. We all know what a pansy looks like, right? There are some outside my front door, nothing spectacular but looking good. And with them comes my annual spring wonder, how do they do that? How do they survive the winter cold and snow and ice and be green again in the spring, with flowers no less. Real flowers. Delicate flowers. How do they do that?

Ash Wednesday today and I got my first ashes ever. My church usually doesn't hold Ash Wednesday services. I went across the river in the pouring rain and hoped that by the time the service was finished the rain would have slowed down. It did.

I stopped on the way home and got some salmon for dinner, really yummy between two slices of wheat bread. With cantelope and a strawberry from a new container. When Nora and Aaron were visiting on Sunday I asked Nora what her favorite food was. She said "strawberries with sugar." I'd just been shopping and asked if she wanted some - affirmative. Between her and Aaron they ate and ate.

After being out every night this week, I am so looking forward to being home tomorrow night. I am a home-body.

No comments: