Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday Afternoon

After days of warm sunshine, we got the reminder that it is, after all, March. As if we could forget with all the Madness going on, but I sort of did. Snow last night.
Perhaps because of the colder weather, yesterday was a crowded day at the Museum Center, lots of people in line for the Cleopatra exhibit. And lots of kids at the Children's Museum. For a few minutes I couldn't find Aaron at the Woods - I was with him and told him I'd meet him at the end of a rope tunnel that wasn't made for adults. He scampered on, then I realized that I couldn't quickly get to the other side. By the time I got there he was on to other things. Quiet panic. And then, after a few minutes, he showed up. The Woods is set up with three levels and only one way out, so it wasn't so bad, but there was always the possibility that he could have climbed down and been out the door before I got there. Not that a kid would want to leave a fun place like that, though.


Nora took a friend, a neighborhood girl who is in her Daisy troop. Every time I see Nora these days I'm struck by how suddenly she has turned into a little girly girl.


The girls hung out with Steph, and Aaron and I went our own way, to trains and cars.


And water. The last few visits we hadn't visited the water play section. Whoever was the architect for that area must have had a wonderful time.


After we got back, I went to the new Eastgate JoAnn's. Kona cotton was 40% off and I had a coupon for 25% off my entire purchase. It was the first time I'd had fabric cut there. They have a number system like at a deli so you can get a number and wander around until your number is called. There's even a monitor mounted high over the cutting area so you can keep an eye on what number is being served. Nice. It keeps from having a long line snaking around.


Quilting supplies were half off, and I'm wondering now why I didn't take a closer look at the rulers. Maybe because I have enough.

No comments: