Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Splash!

It's getting toward the end of the month and I still have some goals to accomplish. One less, though, my monthly project from Quilting Arts or Cloth Paper Scissors.

I was looking through the magazines, looking for a project, when I spotted some machine needle felting. I have an ever-so-nice machine felter but hadn't used it in forever, and I was really attracted to the pictures of free motion embroidery on felting.

I have several felted sweaters, just waiting for projects, and I cut part of the sleeve off one
and machine felted roving and Angelina on it. Too much blue Angelina, probably, but now I know.


Doing the free motion embroidery on the felting was glorious and gave me the chance to try out my new-to-me single hole needle plate too. I'd been wanting to do the little circles forever. I want to get away from the stippling-every-time mentality.

1 comment:

Carrye said...

Hello Connie,
I love "Splash"

from Carrye