Sunday, March 20, 2011

Silence

I don't like to be silent for this many days in a row, but sometimes technology gets the better of me. The latest example is my little red card reader, into which I can put my camera card to transfer pictures to the computer. Suddenly and with no warning it just didn't work. The computer didn't even recognize it. Dead.

I got it because the people at the camera store said it might help my camera last longer since the lens wouldn't be going in and out as much. Since my camera problems have been with the lens opening, that seemed reasonable. Of course my camera also came with a cord, but it took a couple of days of on-and-off looking to locate that. And it turns out that the lens opening when the camera is connected to the computer must be a Sony thing anyway, since it didn't happen with the Nikon.

Then there was the matter of finding out where on the computer the pictures went with the new system. Hmmm.

On a different note, it's hard to look at those shoes in the now-found picture without getting happy. They were at a shoe store display at Newport on the Levee, where I saw Cedar Rapids. It's a light-hearted movie, no thinking involved. Don't leave without watching the credits or you'll miss something.