Monday, March 28, 2011

Eden Park

The Midwest International Quilt Show moved from Chicago to Cincinnati this year, happening next month. It's a big deal, and I'm pretty excited. . For next year's show, my quilt guild is making a Cincinnati quilt, representing many areas of Cincinnati. We started in January and plan to be finished in September so we can display it at our Cincinnati Nature Show in October. . Another woman and I are working on the Eden Park block. We're meeting today, and thanks to the NCAA basketball games and my new tv in the studio, I'm ready. We're doing our areas "off site" and should now be ready to put everything together. . The picture at the top represents Krohn Conservatory and the "castle" on Gilbert Street, near the park entrance. Below is the gazebo. (It really isn't crooked, I just didn't photograph it quite straight.) I'm thinking about carefully removing the ornament at the top and using a different color instead, maybe gold.

My quilt partner has the Art Museum, Playhouse in the Park, and a church. Also a series of butterflies that will be over the Krohn since there is a big butterfly show there every June.


Hopefully, tomorrow I'll have a photo of the entire, although unconstructed, block. We have plenty of time to get everything sewn on before the "progress" meeting next Monday.

No comments: