Friday, October 9, 2009

Pumpkins

I needed a project for a piping foot class, and while I knew it was going to be a pillow I put it off since it sounded kind of boring. Then I saw this autumn fabric with pumpkins and changed my mind about boring.


One side has a dark brown background, the other has a light orange background, and the piping is made of the dark brown fabric. I'm happy.

The embroidered pumpkin design below is free on the Husqvarna Viking website. The project plan is for a purse, but I made this little wallhanging instead. Binding is purple, and I free-motioned the word "boo" here and there among the other free motion. There are also a few pumpkins and cats and a ghost.



It had been way too long since I did any free motion quilting and it was fun to sit down with it. I'd forgotten how long it takes, though, especially since I like a pretty tight design.

Now I'm off to check the first lesson of a new on-line class. I struggle with getting the lessons done in a timely fashion, but I really wanted to try with this one. We'll see - more on this later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the drk. brn. background ! So pretty !
Janice