Friday Fill-Ins, on this day before Halloween.
1. It was a dark and stormy night, I'm going to say it was raining, not snowing. I'm not looking forward to driving in the snow. I'll need to put some weight in the back of my truck soon.
2. Everyone was really busy, so I offered to take the books myself. Or, maybe, the little old lady was having trouble getting to the library door, so I offered to take the books myself. Hope the old lady wasn't me.
3. Rushing out, I took a quick moment to admire the onions beside the edge of the flower bed. I planted them in the spring, they looked nice then, and now in fall they look pretty and green again. I'll probably dig them up soon.
4. What was that noise . . I think I heard a howl. I can't be sure, though. You hear all kinds of strange things on Halloween.
5. Shhh, listen, maybe that howl is actually a ghost. Maybe more than one. Here they come, around the corner, three of them, howling and floating along.
6. Trick or treat, give me something good to eat. Actually, I like something good to eat any day.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to stopping on the way home to pick up some soup and a sandwich, tomorrow my plans include passing out candy, and Sunday I want to start Nora's Wizzard to Oz quilt.
Happy Friday, everyone.