Thursday, September 10, 2009

Packing It Up

I don't often pack up my sewing machine, and even if I'm going along with it, I feel a little twinge of separation anxiety. I just packed it up for a quilt guild workshop tonight and my sewing room looks empty. The workshop is about machine maintenance and I'm helping the top-drop bobbin folks. So many of the quilters have Bernina's and I'm helping with the "everything else" category, which includes me.
Sewing machines are really personal, and I love, love my Viking with its sewing advisor and sensor system. And my new one has such a long bed. Not to mention that when I step on the foot pedal the presser foot comes down automatically. Luxury.

There will be a question-and-answer afterward about sewing machine feet and I grabbed my little basket of optional feet in case there are questions about any of those. I'm excited about helping with this - it's so nice to be in a group of talented, artistic women.

Next week I'll be camping and I'll drop off my machine for its first year service when I'm gone. That way the separation time won't seem so long. Gotta remember to check the timer first to see how many sewing hours I've put on that machine.

No comments: