Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 140

Friday Fill-In time. Answers are in bold.

1. I feel happy. Good times once I get off work on Saturday. Church on Sunday morning, fireworks on the river Sunday night, lots of people joining me off work on Monday.

2. Camping at Elkmont is always fun, and in a couple of weeks I'll be there. Bridget reserved the primo campsite, the river will be roaring, and my soul will soothe.

3. Right now I can hear these things: my embroidery machine, traffic on 471, the whir of the computer, my fingers tapping on the keys.

4. My brown quilt is finished and I'm glad. Sometimes when I'm done with a project I'm tired of looking at it and a little disappointed with the outcome and that's certainly true this time. I really thought I'd like working with the suede and corduroy, but in the end, I didn't. I think some buttons in the centers of the corduroy squares would perk it up, with I'm so over it that I probably won't add them.

5. The last time I celebrated a birthday was last weekend (Mike's) and Aaron's is coming up next weekend. Gotta get going on his quilt. And can't wait to see the little guy's new haircut. In the photo, he looked incredibly proud of himself. And Nora is pleased and sweet with her chin-length bob.

6. I feel grateful this Labor Day weekend that I have a job, that the weather should be great, that I'm healthy, that I have lots of fabric and art supplies, that I have a wonderful family.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a good dinner and some work on the turkey quilt, tomorrow my plans include going to work then going to the bookstore, and Sunday I want to love those fireworks and the awesome location for watching them.

Happy Friday, happy weekend, everyone.

No comments: