Saturday, September 12, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 141

Even though it's Saturday, here are my Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.

1. That's a wonderful place to be. Talking about the Smoky Mountains, and I'll be there next week. Next week. Starting Wednesday. Camping beside the Little River. Reading a book in my chair. Hiking the trails. Cooking "meat" on a stick. Going to town.

2. Don't diss my state. I'm over here. A former work colleague of mine posted a facebook question today asking about whether we ever felt stereotyped because we live in Kentucky or in the south. All kinds of stories. And another facebook friend suggested, unrelated, that the south should go its separate way, free to ban gay marriage, abortions, etc. Fact is, I have many, many civil, thinking, and yes, liberal, friends and neighbors here in the commonwealth of KY.

3. The possibilities include: cleaning, sewing, shopping, getting ready to go to the Smokies. I have a Saturday off.

4. A big pot of something warm is one of my favorite cool day recipes. Something vegetarian, something that can be divided into little freezer containers and pulled out on another day. August wasn't a good month for me, food wise. Just getting by. Eating things less than nutritious just because it was what was available quickly. I went to the grocery store one day this week and got good stuff, time to start cooking again.

5. How will you know when your quilt is done? When it has enough stitches, enough embellishment, enough color? Answer: it will tell you.

6. If I'm home, I love hearing the wind picking up and seeing a stormy sky. But on this day, the sky is blue, blue, blue, not a cloud in sight, no smog at all, and I love that too. Temperature is 63 degrees, awesome.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to eating some dinner and relaxing, don't think I have energy for anything else, tomorrow my plans include working on Aaron's birthday quilt although I don't think I'll be able to finish it for his birthday party on Sunday, and Sunday I want to watch the Bengals game and enjoy Aaron's party.

Happy weekend, everyone.

No comments: