Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Gingerbread Houses


This year I was lucky enough to go back to Asheville's Grove Park Inn and their gingerbread house competition.  Here are a couple of the houses for you, Joanne, I know you love them.


This one was the grand champion, displayed behind glass.  The shadow is probably me taking the picture.


In the lobby was a faux gingerbread house, where they sold this Oskar Blues Ol' Snap Fireplace Ale.  Among other things.  Very luscious small pour, with alcohol content around 9%.


We found unoccupied rocking chairs around one of the huge fireplaces to sit and enjoy it.  Lovely.


It was such a nice day, weather-wise, holding off turning colder until the next day.  Wonderful afternoon.  Thanks, Sarah and Winnie.
  

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

You know me so well.

I have never made one from cookies and frosting.
But the wood, paint and glue one is still really wonderful
Perhaps I should make another---Santa's Workshop.

Anonymous said...

So lovely!
-Sarah