Sunday, March 8, 2015

Urban Angels


It must have been years ago that I got this Urban Angels foundation piecing pattern from Sweet Peas, designed by Kim Halvorson.  I wish I could remember where I got it, but I really don't remember and the price sticker had no clues.  I only remember that I loved it.  The picture on the pattern had a red background and there was some homespun and gingham used.

I also don't know why I never made it.  Maybe I wasn't experienced with paper piecing at that time, or maybe I wasn't sure how to quilt it, who knows.  

One of my goals this year is to spend an hour every week making something that I'd just like to work on, and that's how this little wall hanging finally was finished.  Of course it took longer than an hour, but that hour was the beginning.




One thing is certain:  if I don't free motion on a regular basis, it takes some time to get back up to speed.  I'm not sure if that's true for everyone.  

I might have ripped out some stitches, but in our Art and Spirituality group we're reading a book that encourages us to sometimes lower our standards and just make art.  So, I kept in the stitches, and really, the mottled blue background is very forgiving.  I'll wash it and the forgiveness will be increased as the batting shrinks away a little.

Finished size is 12" x 16 1/2".

No comments: