Thursday, March 12, 2015

Repurposed Shopping Bag


Thinking of repurposed -

Thanks to my friend Tiffany for this one.  A few weeks ago I purchased one of her shopping bags made from a tee shirt.  I loved it and thought that I just had to make one, one of these days.

Today I was looking for a long sleeved tee to wear and saw this one.  I love K Mart tees and have several, but I have never liked this striped one.  I'm sure I got it when there was a K Mart in my neighborhood and it was probably marked down to $3 or so at the end of the winter season.  I thought I should like it, it was a great buy in just my colors, but it never happened.  I just don't like to wear stripes.  And of course, even though I did wear it, it stayed way too nice to get rid of.

When I finished yesterday's bag, I was on a repurpose roll and decided to cut into that tee.  You can find good directions here.  It was easy, took about ten minutes, including threading the serger, which I used to sew around the top and to close it up at the bottom.

What I didn't like as a tee I love as a shopping bag.  It scrunches into a little space.  I can just picture it going to the downtown park with sand toys and bags of pretzels and juice boxes.  Can you tell it was the first warm day today?

No comments: