Thursday, January 15, 2009

Taco Soup

One day last week one of my co-workers brought in a pot of taco soup and the recipe (she knew we were going to ask for it.) I've made it once since then - it's great and super easy. On this cold Thursday, I'm passing it along.

Taco Soup
1 lb ground sirloin (I added the 12 oz pack of Morningstar Meal Starters Grillers crumbles instead. Even if you eat meat, you might want to consider it because all you have to do is put it in. No browning.)
2 medium onions, chopped.
1 quart diced tomatoes
1 can white hominy
1 can Great Northern beans
1 can kidney beans
2 cups water
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing seasoning

Brown the ground sirloin with the onions and drain. Put everything in a pot and simmer for one hour.

Stay warm, everyone.

1 comment:

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

Mmmmmm... We love Taco Soup (well, Ryan and I do, Camden doesn't...). This recipe is a little different, but I'm sure it's just as yummy! We'll have to make some soon, too. Perfect for a cold day! :)