Thursday, January 8, 2009

Surprise

Embroidered butterfly quilt completed. The butterfly at the bottom left and the one at the center right are 3-D. They were pretty stiff and I wasn't sure if they'd stitch easily on the quilt, but they did.

Those of you who know me well may be surprised that I bought a digital tv today, to be delivered on Monday. Details on request. I finally got tired of trying to figure out what the best solution would be and bought one. My first step will be to see if I can get some stations without cable or dish.

Then tonight I heard that the deadline for going digital may be extended. Had I known that, I probably would have waited. Sooner or later, though, I would have had to make up my mind.

In the spirit of New Years resolutions, I also joined the Y and bought a couple of new lights for my studio, which was way too dark. And picked up my mower at the shop. It was a good day for getting things done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you, Connie and congrats! your butterflies are beautiful!!! I love butterflies! enjoy your Y membership. I finally got my phys. therapy started, yesterday, have things to work on at home between apts. so good for us!
Janice

Vicki W said...

The quilt is beautiful!