Monday, January 19, 2009

Dragons

Instead of working on the many things I "should" have been working on today, I spent several hours working on these embroidery projects from Embroidery Library - a purse and an IPOD pouch. Because I didn't follow the directions right, the purse isn't supposed to look like this - the satin stitching isn't part of the design and the back and flap are supposed to be the same navy as the front. I think I like my rescue way better, although I'm not sure what inspired me to embroider dragons in the first place.


I also worked for awhile on my knitting. I went to the yarn store for a lesson yesterday, but there wasn't a lesson as listed on the web site, only many people buying yarn. Rather than actually scheduling another one, I decided to try to muddle on for now. My goal is to make granola baby hats, and surely I can do that on my own.

I know that tomorrow night I'll be eager to watch the replays of the inauguration speech and festivities. Maybe I'll just bring my sewing machine downstairs and get some quilting in that way.

No comments: