Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blessings

This past week has been such a week of blessings.

Monday my new tv was delivered.
Tuesday there was a gift bag with a box of chocolates at my door.
Wednesday there was a box of goodies from my sister and a Patchwork Place quilt calendar from my niece Ariel.
Thursday brought an Egg McMuffin from Sandra at work.
Friday Sarah and Winnie stopped by on their way to Louisville to spend the night and take me to the movies. They knew that seeing more movies is one of my New Years resolutions.
AND on Friday I used a gift certificate for this felting machine:
complete with five needles that never need threading. There is going to be some cool embellishing going on.


Saturday morning there was a veggie quiche from Winnie.

And today, flowers from Nora, made from an art kit she got for Christmas.

Here's Nora, the most wonderful blessing of all,

along with her brother Aaron, who is thrilled to have access to a cupboard usually denied him (note the lock.)

And tonight I have a new book to read, Rococo, by Adriana Trigiani. She's one of my favorite authors and I've read her Big Stone Gap trilogy at least three times. And here's the really good part - I found the book at Barnes and Noble, bargain priced at $5.98 then reduced 75%. $1.50 for what I'm sure will be a great read.
I'm off to bed to read under the electric blanket.

















No comments: