Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 109

Love these Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.

1. I really like cooking nutritious foods right now. Could be the winter, could be the budget, but my grocery cart has more real food in it these days.

2. Ouch is the word you'll most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe.

3. Possession is not necessary as long as you have access. Does everyone in the neighborhood really need a weed eater and a rolling pin?

4. Who is Captain John Sparrow? I had to look him up. I really do want to go to more movies this year.

5. Marshmallows and fire go together like quilts and beads. Synergy.

6. Winter goes on and on. When Christmas comes, I think, oh, we're well on the way through winter because it's the end of December. Then comes the end of January and I realize that just wasn't true. One of my resolutions for the year (and I promise this is the end of the resolution talk) is to really notice when spring comes. Really notice the way the warmth feels and really hear the bird sounds and really look at those first spring flowers.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to making mashed potato casserole (recipe below,) tomorrow my plans include working and starting my new quilt, and Sunday I want to watch the Super Bowl. Should be good. I'm not going to order pizza, though.

Mashed Potato Casserole
Make one box (both pouches) of your favorite instant mashed potatoes. Add one package spinach, thawed and drained, and 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Happy Friday, everyone.

2 comments:

Joyful Days said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your Fill-In list.

Have a great weekend.

Janet said...

You're the third one to not know who Captain Jack Sparrow is! For some reason, that just amazes me LOL! But then I'm weird :-)

That mashed potato casserole sounds strangely good...