Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Missed Us

I'm so thankful that the snow pretty much missed us, at least for today. It was snowy when I left work and I called ahead to see if my scheduled 7 p.m. committee meeting was still on. Traffic was moving moderately slowly and I have to admit that I spent the drive wishing the meeting had been postponed. It was a productive meeting, though, and the snow had stopped by the time it was over. It was a good trip home. My trip home took me to downtown Cincinnati and I never get tired of seeing the skyline all lit up.

Last night was a late night too, we worked until 10 since there was a workshop. The material presented was so great, though, that it hardly felt like working. I got all kinds of cool ideas.

I'm so happy with my resolution to cook, then divide things into portions. Last night there was spaghetti and tonight taco soup waiting, both from the weekend. And last night when I got home there was a box of chocolates inside my storm door - I love late Christmas presents.

Early this morning I started experimenting with fusible interfacing and making several cuts through fabric squares. I got four squares and half the border finished, and it was fun. I think this has some great potential.



Once again, I'm loving the little space heater in the studio because, as everyone knows, it's COLD. That little heater is such a comfort, sort of like the red slippers I got. I've got to do more of the comfort thing.

No comments: