Thursday, April 4, 2024

Comforter Top

 


Finally this comforter top is completed and ready to be knotted.  I used 5" blocks because I had quite a few already cut out.  If I do something similar again, I'll use 6 1/2" blocks, both because the piecing will go more quicky and because this one will require a lot of knots.

Scrap quilts are my favorite, and mine aren't as random as they appear.  My own personal theory is that scrap quilts need a few things that tie them together.  Note the yellow diagonals - even though the shades of yellow are different, they still identify as yellow, although in the picture the lighter ones look white.  Most rows have one of two print fabrics.  And even though they are  randomly placed, you'll find lots of greens, reds, purples, and blues.  I think all those things keep the quilt from being chaotic, they keep our eyes from bouncing around when we look at it.

When I got in my car tonight, it told me that the roads might be icy.  (They weren't.)  And the weather app tells me that on Monday - eclipse day - the high will be 72 degrees. 

For tonight, I'll go outside and cover my porch planter with its pansies.

No comments: