Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Fat Tuesday

 

The day before Ash Wednesday.  I had ordered a King Cake for pickup today, but got an email saying that because of the expected snow storm they would be ready yesterday.  This particular King Cake has layers of cinnamon in the dough along with that lovely crunchy colored sugar.  I think I could have happily eaten the entire thing but I shared with a couple of neighbors.

I enjoy these markers of the seasons.  Lent, though, I'm not sure about this year.  It seems as if we have given up much this past year and given much thought to adjusting.  I am not in the mood to dig deeper.  Maybe after tomorrow's service, on Zoom, I will have new insight.

Our expected snow storm was different than expected.  A lot of sleet, finally snow.  Nowhere near the projected huge amounts of snow.  And so, on to the next one in a couple of days.  Then warmer weather on the weekend.  But for today, shoveling.

I am lucky - every hour or so a plow would come roaring by in my hilly neighborhood.  A friend called to ask what my plans were if I lost power.  I hadn't worried about it.  I am more concerned about not being able to get to the vaccination clinic on Friday for my second shot.

I've taken a quilting detour, picking up blue blocks that I made at a retreat several years ago.  I didn't like them and they never even made it to the design wall.  Back to the motto - if you're stuck, cut.  I am cutting.


No comments: