Saturday, February 13, 2021

Christmas Tree Quilt


Here it is, just what I wanted.  A quilt project that could be quickly finished.  Pattern is by Fig Tree & Company and size is 26" x 36".  It uses a charm pack, some background fabric, and fabric for the outer border.  All during the free motion quilting I kept telling myself to spread out the quilting and that did keep me away from the tight quilting that takes so long.

I did dig out my car.  I had asked the grands if they would help but then Aaron hurt his wrist in a sledding accident (the Urgent Care doc said not broken) so I decided to go ahead.  And it was fine.  I am not quite the weakling I felt like I might be.

Good thing, as there may be a lot more snow coming on Monday.  I went out early this morning to get Ice Melt at the hardware store but they were out of that and also rock salt and anything related.  I had just come from the gas station and had seen a stack of rock salt and headed back that way.  The pile was half gone in just that short time.  After I did a few errands I glanced at the gas station on the way home and the pile was gone.  Rock salt isn't my first choice but I am happy to have it.

This time, I'll shovel every few hours to keep ahead of the snow, hoping it isn't heaviest during the night.  I won't be disappointed if the forecast is all wrong and we get nothing.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I LOVE your Christmas Tree quilt!! And good for you for digging your car out. Sometimes I like to do things just to prove to myself that I can. :D