Thursday, February 11, 2021

And Yet, Here We Are

 


I am sort of tired of seeing all the snow pictures.  And yet, here we are.  What I was really struck by was the snow on the ornamental grasses.  And the snow on the table on the covered porch.  How did that happen?

In the background you can see the hospital where the region's Covid patients come.  It makes sense to have them at one hospital.  Or, recently, two, since there were no more designated beds here.  I am thinking of a woman I had met who died a few days ago after being hospitalized three weeks.  Was she here?  Probably.  Sadness, for her and all the others.

I need to do something about digging out my car.  Which means, actually doing it, not just thinking about it.

This morning I was out of bread so I made biscuits, real biscuits.  My recipe called for freezing the butter and then grating it before adding it to the flour.  I guess that worked because the biscuits were really nice and fluffy.  Not rocks.  And now I have biscuits in my freezer.

And I am wondering - when I bake bread this afternoon should I bake four loaves instead of two?  One loaf will be for the nice neighbor who shoveled my walks.  I do love having nice food in the freezer.  

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Bread and Biscuits like money in the bank if you have them in the freezer.