Thursday, February 4, 2021

Completion and Purpose



Sunrise this morning, so pretty in its winter color.

My design wall is empty this morning, startling in its whiteness.  All the blocks for the quilt I've been piecing are finished.  Every one, even the one I had to redo.  This doesn't mean I'm anywhere near finished, next come the sashings between the blocks.  But it's a goal completed.

I had dreams of having it finished as a Christmas gift, then set those dreams aside - what was I thinking?.  Then my goal was to finish the piecing during January, and this is close enough.  (No picture, it's a gift.)

And so, at the end of this draggy January, I have the little bag of half square triangles, the star quilt quilted, and now a stack of blocks, neatly squared.

The mask project hasn't advanced much, but that's ok, I've been giving away masks from time to time.

Having learned my lesson, I have the beginnings of a smaller project on the floor beside my chair.  I was running out of design space.

Yesterday I went to Aaron's school to pick up his band instrument.  His class went from in-person to virtual this week and since he didn't anticipate that he left his instrument at school.  It was so wonderful for me to drive in the sunshine, to pick up lunch for the grands on my way to their house.  To have an out-of-the-house purpose.  I didn't realize how much I've missed that.

No comments: