Thursday, April 28, 2016

Strange Morning


This morning I was snoozing peacefully, dreaming about something or other, when I heard something that sounded like a dish knocked over, followed by various creaks.  Don't worry, there was nothing amiss, and I think it must have been part of my dream when the furnace came on, bringing with it a clatter and associated noises.  Very strange, and the only thing I can think of is that it's been warm lately and the furnace has been quiet.

A few minutes ago, the power went out, followed by a bang from a transformer somewhere.  It's now restored.

Strange morning so far, and it looks like there will be another storm soon, we've had a lot lately.

Nevertheless, I'm determined that this morning I'm going to start, and maybe finish, the porch cushion covers that I'm redoing for a customer.  I don't know why I've been so reluctant to start this, it's not that hard, it's just new for me.  To boost my confidence, I bought a piece of fabric yesterday to make one cover to be sure that the pattern I sketched out is ok.  It is.

This is just one of those things that has grown in my head and needs to get finished!  And then I can work on the log cabin in the picture above.  It's really, really calling me.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I'm just like that. I over-think the job and then get scared to try it.
Usually it turns out just fine and I fuss at myself for wasting so much time on worrying.
Making a "trial" sample is a very good idea. I will do that with my apron idea.
Using some awful fabric that's not good for anything.