Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Pink and Green Baby Quilt


There were some fabric pieces left from the Minnie quilt that combined with my stash to make a NICU quilt for our group yesterday.  We learned that the hospital wants quilts to be 36" - 42" in length and width, so my quilts are going to be a little bigger from now on.  My goal was usually 30" x 36".  The quilts will be draped on the rockers now.

I'm always drawn toward making baby girl quilts, I love the pink/green combination.  There are two non-NICU boy quilts to come, though.

I have several sewing jobs right now and I'm trying to make progress on each and to not get overwhelmed, which happens with me when there is lots to do.  And then nothing gets finished in a timely manner.  I know that this is my own self-imposed stress, and the only thing I know to do is to just keep chipping away and keeping the momentum going.  

There is one job that I will so enjoy, fixing an old quilt, which will just require a little mending, trimming, and a new binding.  That goes under the creative mending category, something I always like.

No comments: