Friday, April 22, 2016

Athletic Injury


Yesterday, Aaron broke his arm at recess, playing a game with a football.  No tackling, just one of those things.  He will get his cast next week.  As for baseball, he's on the disabled list.  I'm hoping that his cast will be wonderfully colorful and waterproof.  I have a feeling that he will be practicing batting left handed.  Who knows, this may turn him into a switch hitter.

The Hancock in my neighborhood, like all Hancock's, is going out of business.  They expect to stay open until July, but no coupons and no fabric cuts less than two yards.  So, for me, my shopping days there are almost finished.  It was so nice to be able to just dash over for a particular color of thread or a bit of fabric for an alteration.  

Now, I'll have to carefully plan ahead for my JoAnn trips.  Not a huge deal, I can stop after church, it will just be different.  I know I've been spoiled.  I've been leaning towards getting my quilt fabrics online anyway, especially since I buy a lot of Kona and the color selection is wonderful.

.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Brings back memories of my daughter (about Aaron's age) falling out of a tree and landing
on her outstretched wrist. Broke both bones. She didn't get a very attractive cast and there wasn't
the "fashion" then of stickers and autographs on the casts. She had to suffer all night as I had never
actually had any experience with broken bones and thought if she could wiggle her fingers--it
was just a sprain. Nope. Broken bones and a very pain filled night for the 9 year old. Bad mommy.