Thursday, April 14, 2016

New At My House


New at my house, and it turned out that I had the perfect space for it.  

I know just how I do these things, get used to it in little nudges.  Not sure why that is, but it is.  So for this day, just threading it may be enough.

For you non-quilters, this is not one of the big long arm quilters.  The table measures 30" x 36", and the quilter (that's me) sits down to use it.  It does a straight stitch and is only for free motion.  You can go to your Viking dealer if you want to see one like this!

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

Is this the Sweet Sixteen a greenhouse customer mentioned buying?
I think a smaller free motion quilting machine is the perfect size.

Today I purchase 2 yards of a wildly appropriate fabric -appropriate for my tastes.
the cutter asked if I was making an apron. Odd. But then I decided that an apron would be
a very nice way to "ease on in" to sewing again. I liked my grandmother's aprons.
full body coverage, wrapped around the hips, binding in bias tape. I'm betting she made the
pattern out of newspaper and fit it repeatedly to get the perfect smoothness than was her
heavily starched apron over an equally starched dress. Stockings rolled to below the knee.
Like a 20's flapper.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks like a nice machine.
-Sarah