Sunday, May 31, 2015

Side One and Side Two


It's been so hot and humid lately but today was cool and breezy and overcast and perfect for walking.  I parked at 7th Street and walked to the levee and across the Purple People Bridge.  I could hear the fans cheering at the Reds stadium, so I decided to walk along the Cincinnati side of the river to the next bridge over.  

This was the view on the way back home, facing west and the stadium.  The Reds haven't had much to cheer about lately, but they were having a six-run inning and the cheers were loud.

On the other side of the bridge, facing east, was this barge, which had blown its whistle when it passed the ball park.  

It was a great Sunday afternoon walk.  Exactly the kind of thing I need to do more of.

The Newport Aquarium was super crowded, but I wanted to check out the new shark bridge before I took the grands.  Turns out that it was great fun, and I'm excited to take them.

No comments: