Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Early Zoo


How could I not know that pass holders can go to the zoo an hour early, at 9 a.m?  

And how could I not know that the 1/4" piecing foot with a guide for the Viking Interchangable Dual Feed Foot was exactly what I needed?  I should have bought one as soon as they came out.  The walking foot pretty much lives on my machine these days and this is perfect for me.

What I did know is that, when making a jelly roll quilt, the first two strip sets take forever to sew together.  I'm making one using scraps and the scrap set is sewn onto a set of white strips.  The pattern specifically says to not iron the piecing until the quilt is pieced, but I just HAVE to iron anyway.  Even though the pattern says that's OCID (obsessively compulsive ironing disorder.)  

This might sound strange, but you'll see it soon.  I have no idea what size this will be, but I do know that it will be larger than the baby quilt I'm making.  I'm using 2 1/4" strips instead of 2 1/2", just because I cut 2 1/4" for my bindings and had lots of leftover pieces.  

It's like one of life's lessons:  you don't always need to know when you'll come out as long as you know you're going in the right direction.

No comments: