Wednesday, August 27, 2014

More Microwave Potholders for Small Bowls


My friend wanted some microwave potholders for bowls, which are so fun to make.  So far this week I've made six (they're doubled in the picture.)  I'm planning on making a couple more while I'm in the potholder zone.

If you want to make some, you can find a good tutorial here.  I do prefer that the pieced squares be 6 1/2" and the large one 12 1/4".  I like the darts to be 1 1/2" from the center at the top, going down 3".  This size works well for various sizes of small bowls.

I used to love collecting fat quarters and have lots, plus a lot of scraps.  I think that was back in the day when I knew that I wanted to quilt but didn't yet know just what I would quilt.  Now I rarely need fabric in that size, would prefer to get 1/2 yard if I see a fabric that I absolutely have to have, and rarely buy fabric just because I like it.

Where I'm going with this - these potholder are fun to make with those pretty fat quarters.  And if you just want to practice your walking foot piecing, this is your project.

No comments: