Sunday, August 17, 2014

Chick Quilt


It's been awhile since there's been a quilt here, but the baby quilt group meets tomorrow and I needed to finish my donation quilt.  Lavender, yellow, and chick print.

Free motion quilting all over.  I got an Amazon gift card for my birthday and had been thinking about how to spend it. I decided on the Queen Size Supreme Slider, which I've been wanting for quite awhile.  For some reason, I pictured it as being the same size as the acrylic extension table for my Viking Sapphire, although the description clearly said 11.5" x 17".  Quite a bit smaller than the 18" x 24" table. 

I was a bit dismayed at the size, but . . . it works great, provides a nice slippery surface just like it's supposed to.  I had to pay attention to my moving-the-quilt speed because I could move the quilt so fast that I was almost getting eyelashes on the tiny circles, something that I haven't had to worry about for a long time.  The baby quilt got quilted quickly.

I wondered whether the Supreme Slider might slide around on the table, resulting in the needle opening being in the wrong place, but that didn't happen.  Great new tool.

No comments: