Saturday, August 16, 2014

Missing Summer Already


If the Bengals are playing a pre-season game tonight, and they are, then fall is truly on its way.  Our Friday at the "Downtown Park" will probably be our last visit this summer. I miss summer already, and it's still here.  Cooler than usual, but still here. 

Yesterday I was admiring the new cucumber vines, and this morning they were chomped.  Someone suggested cucumber beetles, but I don't think so.  Beetles wouldn't have knocked over the pot of Gerbena daisies nearby. I wish that my neighbors would plant a few goodies so the critters wouldn't always come to my house. 

I've been wishing for a little table to put beside my bed, just big enough for my phone and my glasses and Kindle. On my way out of the grocery store a few days ago, I spotted boxes of round glass-topped tables done in flower designs. I put my groceries in the car and went back in and got a turquoise and purple one. Reduced to $10.  Perfect, and if I get tired of it I can put it on my porch.  It was designed for porches anyway.







No comments: