Wednesday, October 30, 2013

So Tiny



I love quilting and art quilting magazines and sometimes it's hard to resist buying them . . . but, that's another story.

Last year's December American Patchwork and Quilting magazine featured three tiny 2 1/2" quilt block ornaments in three patterns.  I've meant to try them out, and finally made the easiest, a pinwheel.  Very sweet, and not as hard as I thought.  I actually like my teeny binding better than the one in the directions.  If I could just make one every day, I'd have a pretty selection to put on packages (but I probably won't.)  The square-in-a-square pattern has such teeny pieces that I can't imagine anything other than paper piecing for that one, so I'll see what I can do with that.

The background is my all-time favorite Life Is Good pajama pants, welcome again with cooler weather.  It's supposed to rain on and off ALL day today.

No comments: