Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Urban Spring

This picture was taken from the "downtown park" last Saturday. Leaves just starting to bud, skies just a bit overcast. The building with the tiara is new, now claiming the honor of the highest building in Cincinnati.

I thought that today was sew day with my friends and packed up my things and went on my way. Turns out that it was yesterday, when I was working. I had really looked forward to seeing my friends.

But, it's not like I can't work on my project at home. At some point, when I was looking for something else, I found a partially completed tiny quilt top. I bought it ages ago, when Victorian Quilt Shop was still open and still in their first Beechmont Road location. I used to love to shop there when I came for a visit.

This kit had Hoffman fabrics and might have been used for a class. Even though I started it years ago, the top looks pretty square and the seams pretty consistently 1/4". The directions are long gone, but it will be easy enough to figure them out.

Time to get sewing.

No comments: