Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tree Trail

Yesterday Steph and I took the kids to the Fort Thomas Tree Trail. We had a great time hiking and Aaron especially delighted in finding the numbers on the trees.

In a few weeks, the view of the Ohio River will be obscured by leaves. We admired the red-roofed building on the Ohio side, but couldn't figure out what it is. I went back today for another walk and another look from a different angle, but I still don't know what it is. We were guessing a water plant.


The reason I went back today was because I was pretty discouraged yesterday at my lack of hiking ability. I've been exercising faithfully since the beginning of the year in preparation for a hike to Mt. LeConte in September and really expected an easier time than I had. What do I need? More actual trail hiking? Strength training? It's the climbing that gets me, and that's what I'll be doing on LeConte.





No comments: