Friday, March 9, 2012

Baby Picture

Yesterday my younger daughter sent me a message saying that she needed a baby picture of herself. She is going to a baby shower and I'm sure there will be some kind of game involved.

Those of you who know her think of her as very tall, very slender, very athletic. It was fun for me to be reminded that as a baby she was very plump and very dis-inclined to hit the markers of rolling over, sitting up, and crawling. Had she been my first baby, I would have worried as the days went by and she did none of those things.

I'm always rooting for the race horse who travels at the back of the pack, then chooses his time and starts his run, just because I'm reminded of my daughter. One day she just started her run and ended up walking early. She left those baby days behind and has been on the move all her life.

I told her that at the shower no one will guess that this picture is her.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe you're rt. I couldn't have guessed it was her! My guess at once was that it was a friend's baby. So cute, healthy & happy, it's a great picture!