Monday, March 12, 2012

Journal Quilt Catch Up

My journal quilting got a little behind while I was working on the memory quilt, so I needed a couple of quick catch-ups. I found this unquilted quilt block on my somewhat messy desk, tucked behind a magazine. It looks like it was an exercise from Quilters Playtime. The quilting was done with a walking foot.



Since I've always been drawn to words on fabric, I was happy to find Deborah Boschert's tutorial about handwriting on fabric. I've read that the best way to access the tutorial is the March 1 link on her blog. (Link on her blog by clicking on her name earlier in this paragraph.) Quilting is free motion using rayon thread. I started with cotton thread, but quickly switched, my machine is so much happier with rayon. The block started with a white or cream piece of fabric and a black micron pen. I know I'll be coming back to this, thanks, Deborah.


And now, I'm caught up.















No comments: