Monday, January 23, 2012

Series

Starting with admiring the the differences between my front-yard pumpkin and my neighbor's gold-sprayed ones, now gone, this pumpkin has generated grandkid conversation. "It looks smaller now." "It feels hard." "It has ice on it today." My hope, of course, is for nature to take its course and pumpkin vines to appear in the summer and a new pumpkin in the fall. A complete nature series. The little green plant to the right is a pansy, my favorite flower because it's so resiliant.



It makes me happy that the art box has become one of the go-to items when the kids come. Having an art box was one of my easy New Year's goals last year. It has paper, crayons, punches, wavy and regular scissors, stickers, the usual suspects, a whole lot of them. Nora decided yesterday to make a book. Aaron's usual fave is the regular punch, which transforms him into a train conductor. I love those moments when the imagination kicks in, it only takes a second.


Here's Nora, not long out of bed, admiring the stapler's strike plate that she decided looks like a face. It truly does - take a look at yours.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My stapler is staring at me now.
Sarah