Sunday, January 15, 2012

Journal Quilt Three

Ok, I know it's not time for another journal quilt yet, but there's a reason. This month in baby quilt group we're working on a pattern called Disappearing Nine Patch. The sewing meeting is tomorrow and I wanted to have an idea of how it would work out.

And now, I do, although there are several things to ignore in this tiny quilt, starting with the green block in the middle that's too big. I cut wrong when I was trying to trim down the block to get it to 8." Then there's the fact the block looks crooked, but that's just my photography. It is, in fact, square. Honest.

Then there's the quilting. Sigh. I tried to free motion using the "headbands" design and it didn't go well. I think, though, that I'm starting to get it. Once I get it, I can start working on making the stitches even. I'm trying to tell myself that my stippling was pretty bad in the beginning too - I know it was. If I practice, and practice, I can do this.

I'm picturing my last little quilt of the year, # 52, with beautiful free motion quilting, totally elegant. Optimism. "Even if I knew that the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree." Martin Luthur King.


And one more on King's birthday: "The time is always right to do what is right."





No comments: