Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Color Palette Challenge January

I just finished the quilt for Vicki and Judy's January Color Palette Challenge. I have to admit that these aren't colors I would have put together and I also have to admit that I love them. Exactly why I was so excited about taking part in this challenge.





I cut fabrics to make a jelly roll and did the jelly roll race piecing. I had it mind to use it as a worship banner for January, and that's why I went for the fast put-together. Even so, my best laid plans didn't work out and instead I hung an antique quilt in winter colors.


All this is just as well because this will now be used for the church communion table at Mennonite Arts Weekend. It will have a white and elegant ceramic piece on top and will probably go on the table on an angle so some of the piecing shows. I think the simplicity of the pattern will really show off the ceramic piece. Sometimes things just work out as they should.


And then, on February 12, I can still hang this as a banner. It's approx 3' x 6'.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

That's a great finish!