Thursday, January 26, 2012

Journal Quilt Four

A couple of nights ago I sat with a friend at a restaurant table facing the Ohio River. We went early, since I hoped to snag just such a table, and were able to watch the evening come in as we took our time over appetizers, then the entre. We admired the skyline and the church 'way up on the hill. As it started to get dark, a barge drifted by. So, therefore, this journal quilt. The bridge, one of several connecting Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, is affectionately known as the Big Mac Bridge.


Earlier this morning, before I started work on this little quilt, I stitched in pleats for the next phase of the metamorphosis quilt and it is resting in the dye. Orange, not purple, like I planned. As I stitched, I realized that I wanted warmth and changed my plans.

No comments: