Friday, January 27, 2012

Hard to Tell

In the January grayness, it's very hard to tell just what color my little quilt is now. Not as red as I wanted but not orange either. Maybe that's part of metamorphosis, not being quite sure of the outcome. Will the tomato be large or medium-sized? Will the butterfly have black ridges? Not to mention the uncertainty of how life might unfold.

I'm thinking of quilting a piece of the fabric in a totally different manner, then cutting out circles in both pieces and exchanging them in the large quilt. I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen next.

Yesterday I finished my 20th walking workout of the month, which was my goal, with a minimum of thirty minutes each. Sometimes I walked outside, sometimes I followed a Leslie Sansome DVD. Some of those workouts were pretty darn wimpy on my part, but not all. On to February, and I'm allowing myself to roll over extra January workouts into February since it's a short month. Ten thirty minute minimum and ten forty-five minute minimum. With the DVD's, 45 minutes translates to a three-mile walk.

Actually, all my January mini-goals are finished or in process for the ones that are ongoing. I'm happy.

No comments: