Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby Quilt

For January's baby quilt, the group is doing the Disappearing Nine Patch pattern, which starts out with nine patch blocks, then morphs into something else. There are numerous web sites describing the process if you're interested. This is my result, although there are numerous ways to put the blocks together. I was able to piece the blocks during our sewing session, they go together so quickly.

I like to put together my quilt sandwiches using 505 temporary basting spray or Sulky KK2000. This time I used the Sulky because that's what I had. I put the sandwich together, then went to work out and probably did something else too. When I came back to start quilting, I quickly realized that the spray had lost its tackiness, just that fast. There was some ripping out involved. So, don't do what I did, put in a few well-placed rows of quilting right after spraying.

Now, about labels. I was making labels on my embroidery machine, which was nice, but then I noticed that some people were "labeling" their quilts with a permanent fabric marker. Hmmm, much quicker, and no different than I'd do with an art quilt. I'm going to do that from now on.

Freezing rain is expected tonight, and tomorrow is a work day for me. We'll see how that works out. Just last night I dreamed that I was driving down the interstate when my car started to skid, then it corrected itself and went on. In fact, it's supposed to do that, but I doubt the dream was about the mechanical feature of my car.

I also dreamed that my friend, who is expecting a boy, had a little girl. And two nights ago I had one of those dreams in which I was trying to get to class, late, and was running but getting nowhere fast. When I finally got to class, the professor asked for my assignment, which was a whole binder, and of course I didn't have it.

Perhaps my life is off course and I'm unprepared and not proceeding in a timely manner. And I'm correcting that, perhaps.

No comments: